Let me state up front, this post is not about the title with regards to explaining it in detail. Just know that it is not entirely because of Muhammad and his teachings that things are going down how they are right now. There is a world order or network of people who are controlling all of our futures with regard to economy, government, infrastructure, and religion. You have to figure out your world view in order to determine how you will handle the changes that are already taking place and that are yet to come.
Now for the bulk of this post: How is a Christian to respond to the turmoil going on throughout the world?
I just watched the trailer that has incited the violence in Libya (supposedly incited I should say) and I have to say that this is a sham. There is no way that this little “trailer” that is 13 minutes long (and so amateurish that I could produce a better one with my HD Flip video recorder using just myself as all the actors) has been the cause of all the violence going on at American embassies in Egypt and Libya.
So, here is how I believe Christians should respond.
1. Recognize that there are forces at work beyond the film and beyond those performing the riots. Some of those might be and probably are spiritual, but there is a very human element orchestrating all of this so near to election time in the U.S. coupled with the Israel/U.S./Iran/Russia/Syria nuclear ambitions that are happening.
Do not be duped into thinking that this was a Jewish backed movie made to discount the Islamic faith. That is preposterous. Mainly because Jews are WAY to wealthy to have allowed such a sloppy film to have been made and attached to their name. Also, the true or Orthodox Jews that are doing well financially would not have backed a movie, even to discredit their foes, with such sexual overtones. It is dishonorable to their God. So keep doing your research to find out who is behind this that is beyond what the media is feeding us right now.
2. Recognize that you can be and probably will be persecuted for your faith in Jesus Christ. It is coming. Prepare yourself by being sure of what you believe, being able to give an account to anyone who asks.
“And who will harm you if you are passionate for what is good?! But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear or be disturbed, but set apart the Messiah as Lord in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you. However, do this with gentleness and respect, keeping your conscience clear, so that when you are accused, those who denounce your Christian life will be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.” 1 Peter 3:13-17
3. Government rulers are put into place to wield the sword of justice according to the Apostle Paul in Romans 13. Read that chapter to see how you should relate to government authorities. It doesn’t mean that you have to follow them blindly, but recognize that God is accomplishing His plans and purposes through them so focus on God for daily direction in your life, not the government.
4. When possible, live at peace with all men. This is not permission for you to let people walk all over you either, nor is it permission to not stand up for those who cannot defend themselves against the tyranny of others. But do recognize that love covers a multitude of sins.
“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Try to do what is honorable in everyone’s eyes. If possible, on your part, live at peace with everyone. Friends, do not avenge yourselves; instead, leave room for His wrath.” Romans 12:17-19a
5. Realize that those who are not followers of Jesus should not be expected to adhere to Christian principles and morality. Do not expect from the world to behave in ways that they do not know or that they do not have the motivation to follow. This will save you a lot of frustration in your understanding of different worldviews. Take time to try to understand where they are coming from and then you will be better equipped to minister to their needs.
The basic premise seems to be: realize that the world is full of totally depraved people doing depraved things. Allow God to use you where you are to make the impact that He wants to make to accomplish His purposes.